Thursday, April 17, 2008

The last couple days have been a roller coaster. Sydnee has Jaundice and her count keeps going up and down. We have had the lights. It is the saddest thing ever! It is the worst thing I have ever seen. I was just balling. I hate that you have to get them down to a diaper. She just lays there with her arms and legs flailing, because she feels so insecure. We have also had to go to the hospital four days in a row for them to draw blood. Poor Sydnee just lays there and cries. It is so hard as a mom to hold your baby while they poke them and then message their foot to milk blood out. I think she has finally gotten used to it because today she just sat there. She seriously has been the best baby. She sleeps a ton, and we have to wake her to feed her. Today I was feeding her, and her bottle got clogged and I didn't know. She sat and sucked that bottle for 20 min. and never got frustrated or cried out. I had no idea it was clogged and the whole time she wasn't getting any milk. Most babies would be so frustrated and just screaming to let you know they weren't getting anything out of the bottle. I can't believe she just sat there and continued to suck even though she was so hungry and not getting anything. On Wed. I took her to her first doctor's appointment. She has lost 4 oz. and grown and inch. She really has been such a blessing and joy! I can't believe how much your love grows as you have more and more kids. I love both Wyatt and her more than I could have ever imagined.

6 comments:

Shelly & Danny said...

I know how you feel about those billi lights! Aren't they terrible?? I was a mess when Jack had them. How is the nursing going? She sounds like such a great baby, I hope you are getting lots of rest and getting better. She's beautiful! I don't really know what it's like to have such a little baby...probably never will :)

Tara said...

Ang,
She is so cute! I am sorry that things have been rough this week. But it sounds like she is a great little baby! Has your mom and dad come down to see her yet? I think I have so much more appreciation for my parent's now that I have a child. I think it is so true that you never really knew you could love as much as you really can, until you have a child. Well, congrat's again. I love ya

Dyer Family said...

She is soo tiny and cute!! Wyatt looks huge next to her! I hope she gets over the jaundice soon, and Im glad shes a good baby. You are so good to get dressed every day, I think I lived in sweats and pajamas for the first couple weeks!! Are u just nursing or bottle feeding! Keep those pics coming:)

Lindsey said...

I feel so bad it has been such a roller coaster for you guys-newborns are enough work without all the drama-I really hope everything works itself out soon. But she is so cute-I can't get over how much she looks like Wyatt.

Ashley and Brett said...

Oh I've been waiting for more pictures! She is so tiny and precious. I wish I could hold her. I'm sorry things have been rough. Isaac had to get 2 PKU's taken and he was a little older the 2nd time around... I remember having to hold him down just crying listening to him scream. Its so sad. Hang in there. She will get better everyday. I love you so much! Have fun with that sweet little baby!
By the way: Wyatt looks GIANT next to her! I was shocked! What cute kids!

Megan said...

Sydnee is so beautiful! All of this you are going through is worth it! Isn't two a fun number? I sure think so. Hang in there. I love all your pictures. Keep posting them. Remember, "Motherhood is not for whimps!!!"