When we first moved into our apartment I thought our dishwasher was broken. I thought that maybe the rinse wasn't working or something because our dishes were coming out all white and foggy. I absolutely hated this I thought it was gross. So after management came to look at what I thought was a broken dishwasher they told me my dishes looked like that because of the hard water up here. My dishwasher wasn't broken. Man did I feel stupid!! We had hard water when we lived in Cedar but it didn't do this to our dishes. So up here they must have really hard water. So anyway I had been buying jet dry and all these rinse agents. Now they worked ok, but you have to use a lot of it, and they are expensive. So this was getting old fast. When we were down in Enterprise for Thanksgiving we got on th
e topic and my sis-in-law mentioned that all we needed to do was pour a little bit of vinegar in the bottom of our dishwasher before we started it and this would solve the problem. So I thought "what the heck". I just tried it and oh my goodness, It works!! I am so excited because vinegar is a lot cheaper than the rinsing agents and it seems to work a little better. I was also worried at first that my dishes might smell like vinegar, but they don't. It's wonderful, so anyone else out there having this problem, hope this helps! Thanks Lindsey!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
It really works!
Posted by Angela at 2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
so glad it works-makes such a huge difference-and anything to save money works for me!!
Helpful hint. I am going to have to try that. I have the same problem in Layton as well. Thanks for the tip. Norine
Hmmm....I am definely have to give that a try! We have that problem too and that jet dry stuff is really expensive.
Post a Comment